Beautifying Hot Chocolate
I know I had all you ladies at "Chocolate!"
Though I'm not personally a chocoholic, I understand the clout it has in most women's lives. Honestly, I think my mom just ate too much while she was pregnant with me so by the time I came out I was like "ummm, I'll have vanilla thanks..." LOL
But anywho, though I am not a crazy chocolate lover, I do have a soft spot for hot chocolate because it reminds me of being a little kid during Christmas time watching the Polar Express in fuzzy socks. Not that I don't still do that...
But, because I'm no longer naive to refined sugar and diary, I had to find an alternative that wasn't too complicated--ya'll know I am NOT Martha Stewart by any means! So when Ancient Nutrition sent me a tub of their Chocolate Bone Broth Protein and the powder resembled hot coco mix, I took it as a sign from the universe--Beautifying hot chocolate was happening!!
Now, I'm not going to lie to you and pretend this tastes like a cream-based hot cocoa from Starbucks, but if you are reading this, you probably already know that's not my goal. I eat with intention first and foremost, and this recipe is a way to get 20grs of protein in, heal my gut, prevent pre-mature aging...(see end of post for more).
PS: If you are wondering why on earth I would be using bone broth powder for this recipe, you should read this post, because I nerd out on all the surprising beauty benefits you'll get from incorporating it into your diet. Also, I will warn you, this may be a very tedious and time consuming recipe to read, so make sure you have a solid 3 minutes of time before attempting to make this ;)
- 1 scoop Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth Protein, Chocolate Flavor
- 3/4-1 cup your favorite non-dairy milk
- Optional: 1 tsp blue agave + sprinkle of cinnamon
NOTE: I have not tried other bone broth powders in this recipe, so be warned! I love Ancient Nutrition’s because it comes pre-flavored in the most mild, natural way. No weird chalky taste!
✨ Take 20% your store.draxe.com purchase with code “NOELLE” at checkout ✨
- Pour milk into a microwave safe cup & microwave on high for 1-1/12 minutes depending on your microwave (should be warm, but not scalding hot!)
- Slowing stir in Chocolate Bone Broth, a little at a time until fully mixed (normal to have clumps of chocolate froth on the top)
- For added sweetness, drizzle in the agave & sprinkle the cinnamon.
- Sip & Smile after all that hard work and internalize the fact that you are drinking hot chocolate for your health. Your cute lil' self is literally winning at life right now. Let that just sink in ;)
Drink This For:
- Smoother, Youthful Skin: Because this is made with bone broth protein, it's loaded with COLLAGEN aka the protein that prevents wrinkling in young skin. Including collagen rich sources in your diet rather than getting it from topical anti-aging creams is like preventing the problem before it starts.
- Stronger Hair & Nails: Similar to the collagen story, because collagen helps to rebuild & strengthen the gut lining, everything thereafter is impacted. Better gut health equals better nutrient absorption equals healthier hair and nails.
- Gut Health: Inserts all of that^! Plus, when our gut lining is strengthened, bloating, malabsorption and even food allergies reactions greatly improve.